Support students and teachers and all whom they influence collectively in their pursuit of excellence within a collaborative learning culture engaged in graduating citizen scholars committed to “building a better world”.
To create a community of learners where passionate educators and students are collectively challenged within a flexible environment to see personal achievement thrive, through character, leadership and growth mindset while contributing to both a local and global society.
River Bluff High School is an EL Education high school serving students in grades 9-12 in Lexington County School District One. Engaged in developing a 21st century system of learning, River Bluff High School’s goal is to graduate all students who are college, career, and citizenship ready through a personalized learning experience. At River Bluff we are CREW, not passengers.
River Bluff High School opened August 2013 as the first EL Education high school in South Carolina. A joint architectural venture between Jumper Carter Sease and CJMW Architecture firm, the 525,000 square foot school facility was constructed by China Construction America of South Carolina, Inc. and managed by Cumming. Nestled on 146.16 acres of land off of historic Corley Mill Road, the core facility has a capacity of 2500 students. The scope of the project includes plans for Silver LEED Certification and includes: flexible and collaborative learning spaces, a learning commons, performing arts center, coffee shop and cafeteria, dual gyms, state of the art media arts and music technology labs, wireless network capabilities, fully developed athletic facilities, an art gallery and student run school store – Gatortown. The school’s mascot is the “Gator” and our motto is “Work hard. Get smart. Do good.” Since our opening River Bluff has earned two state report ratings of Excellent and Palmetto Silver Awards 2018 and 2019. In 2019 River Bluff was named Palmetto’s Finest High School an award given annually in the state of South Carolina to the best comprehensive high school, the same year our principal Dr. Luke Clamp was named National Secondary Principal of the Year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals. Student population has grown from 1400 in 2013 to over 2000 currently. River Bluff too has won numerous state and national awards in art, athletics and academics. Our students are leaders locally and globally and believe the best is yet to come.
What makes River Bluff unique?
- 21st century curriculum and learning strategies
- EL Education High School
- Virtual and blended learning environments for both students and for professional learning of teachers
- Strong community partnerships
- One to one mobile computing for every student
- Flexible Modular Scheduling
- Joint emphasis on character and academics
- Formative and summative assessments for learning
- Comprehensive offerings of Fine Arts and Athletic experiences
- Dual Enrollment Course Offerings (USC Sumter)
- Expansive Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (At Lexington High School)
- Two Centers for Advanced Study – Center for Media Arts, Design and Production and Center for Law and Global Policy Development
Work hard. Get smart. Do good.
Habits of Success (Core Values)
Personal Responsibility, Growth Mindset, Collaboration & Relationships, Excellence and Citizenship